Xuexi

2004.05.20 16:15

Hi, Casper. I'm new, happened to come in & read yr msg. Ya, who's the writer to this script? It seemed they are seldom being made known unlike in other Asia countries where for eg. in Taiwan "Cheong Yao" (sorry, can't translate her name into English) was well known for writing romance stories and many of it were made into movies with Chin Han & Lin Qing Xia as male & female leads.

Both the scenes of rejecting the ring, misleading the other lady - maybe all boil down to their deep rooted confucius thoughts where obligation & responsibility are key values in their culture, I maybe wrong. Someone analysed that SW in wanting JW to be able to live peaceably w/her family (stepmom & stepsis) thus agreed to get engaged to Tae Hee. And JW felt responsible & guilty if she took SW from her stepsis. It just makes you wonder - in the 1st place, when from young, TH already knew both SW & JW love each other, yet she still goes all out to pursue SW not really b'cos of love (perhaps a fraction of love) but out of envy & jealousy of what JW has (she told SW that he could like any other girl but she just couldn't tolerate him loving JW) --- just sharing some comments which I've read.

Understand that most korean romance dramas always have deaths in either the male or female lead. Yet still many viewers like to watch them despite some conflicting & ridiculous plot in the show. BD and WLS storeis are also along the similar vein as StH, yet this latter show still cause a stir in Taiwan now & even in some other Asia countries which aired the show. We can criticise the story plot (we have the right to) but this is a very subjective matter and in anything, there will always be subjective views and thoughts. Let the korean drama industry worry about the sustainability of its dramas & movies. We have enough worries for the day (Pls don't get me wrong, I'm not getting at you but just sharing my thoughts).

Whatever it is, both SW and JW are talented artistes. Of course there is no denying there are others who are good as well. It's the fans subjective views to choose their favourite stars --- as the saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", right???

:-) :-)