BLU

2015.04.09 00:47

Allow me to throw in my six pence worth.

GOP in Greece is in its 3rd Season. In reality, there's nothing special about this travel show. But it's the ordinary that's so extraordinary. 4 highly recognized actors in their 70s are recruited for backpack trips but in this show, they are just very ordinary Grandpas who in their first time, are going back packing. Casting off the characters in reel life, they 'revealed' to the viewers as common folks, just like our own gramps at home.

Through them, we actually see the world in their perspective and 'travelling' with them through the show, we learned things that normally we conveniently take for granted.

As a reality show, the format for the travel show is fixed. To add spices to the show is necessary, as surprises will bring a new level of entertainment to the viewers.

There are those whom commented that for this season the focal point has been shifted to CJW and LSJ rather than the halbaes. I beg to differ.

The main characters are still there, as the gramps are actually the 'storytellers' in the travel reality. I've mentioned earlier that we see the world in their perspective.

For example, Grandpa Shin Goo was in the train in Greece while he looked out the windows, his mind picturing Greek warriors of olden times galloping across the land....such imagination!

Ji Woo Unni's addition to the group added a feminine touch throughout the show. The main porter Mr Lee is normally grumpy, but with our unni joining in, he became 'softer' and more relaxed. The halbaes laughed more. The whole journey became more lively! It's a change of atmosphere from previous shows.

If GOP is a cake, Ji Woo Unni's interaction with LSJ is the icing on it. I'm not shipping them but it's hilarious to see them bicker so! ^^

So folks, it's good to see negative comments...that only goes to show how much more successful this show has become in Season 3!