hanihash

2009.02.02 20:10

Dear Ms Choi Ji woo,
I've been a fan of yours since Winter Sonata. Since then, I've been collecting most of your dramas on DVDs and CDs. I also started watching you online in Star's Lover since the show began. I must say this drama has showcased your acting talent at its best. You seem more matured, more confident and self-assured that Lee Mari comes to life so naturally and so realistically. More importantly, the message you are trying to tell in this drama is so important to the entertainment industry. With so many unnecessary suicides among young actors and actresses, your depiction of the sometimes ugly side of the industry will shed light on the price of fame. It should not be that way and there should be a stop to unscrupulous practices by artiste management companies. I salute you and Mr Yoo Ji tae for doing this drama.

The love story of Kim Chulsoo and Lee Mari also shows the world how difficult it must be for a famous actress to have a normal life, to love and be loved. It takes a lot of personal inner strength and support from family and friends. I hope that you are blssed by an abundance of love in your own life.. The hours of pleasure your dramas and movies have provided me is a constant reminder of how important it is to do something you love and to do it well. May fame and fortune shine bright, may you find happiness in life and may all your fondest dreams come true.

Best wishes from your fan in Malaysia,
hanihash

Dear Mr Yoo Ji tae,
I have only just gotten to know you as Kim Chul soo in Star's Lover and I am already in love with your acting. As an ardent fan of Winter Sonata, you are a breath of fresh air as Chulsoo. Now women can wake up from their dream of the "ideal" man to find that he could very well be the hardworking fella who just might happen to be teaching at their university. The way your Kim Chul soo loves of Lee mari takes my breath away and makes my heart ache so much that I too want a man to love me like he does. You bring an intelligence to the character of Chulsoo yet there is that hint of danger, a rawness of emotions and earthiness about him that I'm sure comes directly from your own person. You have been Korea's well kept secret and because of Choi Ji woo, we can now share in your considerable charms and superb talents. If it were not for Choi Ji woo, I would not have come to love Korean dramas and because of her we can now welcome you to the world. May Star's Lover bring forth the second wave of Hallyu with you and Jiwoo riding the crest. .

Best wishes from your fan in Malaysia,
hanihash