Singapore Report on WLS

조회 수 3228 2002.04.08 19:04:39
Jasmine
Channel U's Korean Wave Strikes Again!
More great Korean programmes on Channel U!

4 April 2002 - Channel U obtained the broadcast rights of Korean hit dramas 'Sunlight Upon Me' and 'Winter Love Song'. These two dramas had received an overwhelming response from the Korean viewers and are set to get more people addicted to Korean dramas. Touted as the sequel to 'Autumn in My Heart', 'Winter Love Story' successfully toppled the long time winner, 'Woman Republic' and top the rating charts in Korea with 27.2%. In addition, Korean fans also can look forward to the movie 'My Sassy Girl', which overtook 'JSA' to top the Korean & Hong Kong box office for Korean movies.

Kim So Yean & Ryu Si Won in 'Sunlight Upon Me' Famous for her bad girl role in 'All About Eve', Kim So Yean takes on a different role as she portrays a determined yet lovable girl in 'Sunlight Upon Me' who worked her way to become a successful business woman.

"Although it is a good experience to act as the bad guy, it's a pity that it easily restricts the advancement of an artiste, and my personality certainly does not fit the roles." Kim So Yean will not only get a chance to try a different role, her co-stars will be different.

Although the male lead Ryu Si Won was her senior in school, they have never worked together. This drama was shot near the sea in winter, and proves to be demanding for the team as they weather through the cold.

Director Yoon Suk Ho makes a reprisal of 'Autumn in My Heart' in 'Winter Love Song'
Directed by the director of 'Autumn in My Heart' Yoon Suk Ho and starring Choi Ji Woo and Bae Yong Jun, 'Winter Love Song' has gained great popularity since its telecast in Korea. True to his style, 'Winter Love Song' continues with the beautiful and romantic story-telling. Like 'Autumn in My Heart', the locations were specially selected to exude the beauty of Korea in winter. Everybody has been waiting in anticipation even before its broadcast in Korea and Channel U will be bringing this romantic drama to your television screen.

In this romance, Bae Yong Jun plays two roles, one of which is Joon Sang, the first love of Yoon Jin, played by Choi Ji Woo. However, Joon Sang dies in a tragic traffic accident. Ten years later, while engaged to Sang Hyuk, Yoon Jin meets Min Hyung who looks just like Joon-Sang.

My Sassy Girl

'My Sassy Girl' is coming to Singapore!
Breaking many records since its run on the screen in Korea, this movie attracted one million viewers in just six days. It also topped the Movie box office chart in Hong Kong for six weeks, creating another Korean wave in Hong Kong.

'My Sassy Girl' is about a man who saves a drunken woman from death. Although she looks like an angel in the day, when she opens her mouth, the foul words that come out from her mouth turns off even the roughest man. However, he fell in love with her and tries all ways to please her as well as to heal her broken heart, feeling contented with just her smile.

'My Sassy Girl' will be coming to you from 11 April 2002 at all cinemas in Singapore.

All K-drama fans look out! In May, we will let you vote to watch either 'Mother and Sisters' or 'Sunlight Upon Me' in a new Korean belt on Saturdays at 10.30pm! Not only will you get to see your favourite Korean drama, you will also stand a chance to win attractive prizes! So, look out for the details in the TV trailers on Channel U in May!

Article taken from www.sphmediaworks.com

댓글 '1'

Jake (찬희)

2002.04.09 14:37:10

Jasmine, I watched the movie 'My Sassy Girl'... I thought it was good... It's not a heavy movie, but it's good in that it's a new kind of a romantic comedy...
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜sort 조회 수
2782 WLS in Singapore, finally.... [2] Jasmine 2002-04-06 3282
2781 news about JiWoo... Jake (찬희) 2002-04-06 3221
2780 JiWoo finds first love (VOD) Jake (찬희) 2002-04-06 3294
2779 WLS episode 1 [3] Au Au 2002-04-07 3220
2778 WLS VCD hit Singapore video stores Jasmine 2002-04-07 3278
2777 Jake~ help! Jessie 2002-04-07 3313
2776 Winter Sonata & her C0-star [2] Dotty 2002-04-07 3233
2775 [re] Jake~ help! Jake 2002-04-08 3220
2774 webmaster help!! [1] jjj 2002-04-08 3304
2773 Jake~it's jessie again! Jessie 2002-04-08 3257