Interview with CJW

조회 수 4335 2004.05.12 11:09:15
arielle_ng
I read this translated interview from this website : http://heaven-sj.wo.to/ and like it alot.  I think this interview was done some months back.  Since i have not read them before.  Thought i will share it here.

[Teen Times] Choi Ji-woo

It is no exaggeration to say that Choi Ji-woo is now no longer just a Korean star since The Winter Sonata(겨울연가) gained an amazing level of popularity in many Asian countries. NHK, the Japanese broadcasting company, is even making a documentary about her, which will be broadcast this coming March. Her latest drama, The Stairway to Heaven(천국의 계단) was another big hit, and many people have highlighted how much her acting has improved. So, how does she feel about her success?

Question: Your latest drama, The Stairway to Heaven, was a smash hit. Are you satisfied with the result?

Choi: I was totally immersed in the plot, and my fans’ warm affection encouraged me a lot. However, I wasn’t 100 percent satisfied with my acting. Whenever I see myself on television, I always say to myself, “I could have done better than that.”

Q: You shed a lot of tears in the drama, and your acting was very real. I guess having to cry that much was hard.
Choi: I shed a shower of tears without difficulty as the story was so sad. I skipped meals before I shot sad scenes because it helped me express my sorrowful emotions better. Listening to melancholic music was also helpful. Sometimes I couldn’t stop crying even when the scene was over. On extremely cold days, however, it wasn’t that easy to concentrate on the emotion.

Q: In the drama, your character(Han Jung-seo) forgave your wicked stepmother and sister. If you were in her shoes, could you do the same?
Choi: Wow... that’s a really difficult question. If I were in her shoes... I’m not sure if I could forgive them or not. However, if I were facing death, I think I would at least try.

Q: Do you have any unforgettable behind-the-scenes stories?
Choi: As you know, I had to run so many times. One day, I fell over by mistake and hurt my knee. A few days later, during another running scene, I fell over again, and started bleeding in the same spot. On that day, while we were shooting a tearful scene, my partner Kwon Sang-woo got a nosebleed all of a sudden, but he didn’t realize that he was bleeding. So, I burst into laughter and we had to do the scene again.

Q: What is your favorite scene in the drama?
Choi: All the actors and production staff enjoyed shooting the whole drama, and every single scene is precious to me. But I love the scene at the ice rink most when I say to Kwon, “Love is something that comes back!”

Q: You have only played angelical characters so far in various TV dramas and movies. Do you think it will be possible for you to play a wicked woman someday?
Choi: Well, of course, I’m an actress and I would love the challenge of playing diverse and interesting roles. If I were offered a role of an evil woman, I would definitely grab the chance. But of course, I wouldn’t be able to portray the character realistically because I’m such a nice person. (laugh)

Q: What were the most difficult aspects of shooting the drama?
Choi: I’m very sensitive to the cold, and I get cold easily. As chance would have it, I usually get cast in dramas set in winter.

Q: What led you to become an actress?
Choi: I wanted to experience various lives. As an actress, I can become an entirely different person from one movie or drama to the next. Being a totally different person is really wonderful!

Q: Have you ever regretted being an actress?
Choi: Yes, I have. It’s difficult to have a private life as a public figure -- I can’t even go to public places freely. I am also tormented with self-doubt when people start false rumors about me.

Q: Conversely, when do you feel happiest as an actress?
Choi: When my fans say, “You’re bolstered my courage.” As you know, many of my characters had very difficult lives, but they tried to overcome their pain, I think that encourages and inspires people. I’m proud that I can help people in that way.

Q: If you weren’t an actress, what do you think you would be?
Choi: Well... if I weren’t an actress, I guess I would be a Mrs. Homemaker.(laugh) Actually, I want to challenge and learn so many things: I want to be good at English, Japanese, and so on. I’ll try to learn these things whenever I have the chance.

Q: What is your ideal type of man like? Who is closest to your ideal type among actors?
Choi: I like a manly but warm-hearted man. Before everything else, however, he has to love only me! I’m not interested in men who treat love lightly. But I can’t reveal the name of the actor who is closest to my ideal type because it will start rumors.

Q: How do you spend your free time?
Choi: I sleep a lot, like a log. From time to time, I go to the movies with my mother or have a chat with my friends. I also enjoy shopping.

Q: Do you want to be an actress again in your next life?
Choi: Definitely! I think being an actress is a wonderful job! Many people tell me that my acting has improved remarkably, and I’d like to proceed further. In my next life, I would improve even more and become the world’s best actress.

댓글 '8'

alexmom

2004.05.12 11:20:14

Thanks arielle, Jiwoo indeed is a very sincere and honest person. Every interview article of her, you kind can sense her personalities and charisma so well.

helenxmy

2004.05.12 13:20:24

translate English in to Chines by youamy form www.jiwoolove.com

这是不争的事实,现在的崔智友不再是韩星那么简单了,自从<<冬季恋歌>>后,她在亚洲各国的知名度与日俱增。日本的电视台,NHK还帮智友录制了一个纪录片,这将会在3月做全国性的播放。她最新的电视剧,<>(天堂的阶梯)很受欢迎,很多人都觉得她的演技进步了。那么,她对于这些成就有什么感想呢?

Question:你的最新连续剧,<<天堂的阶梯>>,很受观众的喜爱。你对于目前的成绩感到满意吗?
CC : 我很沉浸在情节当中,我的影迷们的热爱给了我很大的鼓励。但是,我不是100%的满意我的演技。每当我在电视前看自己的演出时,我时常对自己说,“我还可以演得更好的。”

Question:你在剧里头哭了很多,你的表情很真,我猜哭那么多会很辛苦吧。
CC : 拍哭戏时我不会遇到问题,因为那情节真的很悲伤。通常拍悲伤的戏之前我都不会吃东西,因为这会帮助我更加的投入于悲哀的情绪当中。听悲伤的歌曲也是有帮助的。有时候,就算下了戏,我还不能停止哭泣。无论如何,在很寒冷的天气里,要投入于角色当中还是很困难的。

Question:在电视剧里,你的角色(韩贞瑞)原谅了那恶毒的后母和妹妹。如果你是她,你会这么做吗?
CC : 挖....这是个很难回答的问题。如果我是她...我也不肯定我会不会原谅她们。然而,如果我即将面临死亡,我会尝试看吧。

Question:你在拍摄这部连续剧时有什么忘不了的事情吗?
CC : 你也知道的,我在这部连续剧里必须跑很多次。有一天,我跌到了而且伤到了我的膝盖。几天后,在另外一个跑的镜头里,我又再次跌到而且伤到了同一个地方,还流血了。在那天,当我们在拍摄一个哭的场景时,我的拍挡权相佑忽然流鼻血,不过他自己也不察觉。我们全都笑了,当然啦,这镜头我们不许重新拍过了。

Question:天堂里你最喜欢什么场景?
CC : 所有的台前幕后工作人员都很投入于拍摄这部戏,每一个场景对我来说都是宝贵与珍惜的。不过我最爱的是在溜冰场那里,我对权说“爱情是会回来的!”

Question:直到现在为止,你只演过天使般的角色。你有没有想过要演一些恶毒的女人啊?
CC : 当然,我是一个女演员,当然我想要接演各自不同类型的角色啦。如果有人找我拍恶魔般的角色,我会马上的答应。不过,实际上我也不知道我能不能表演得丝丝入扣,因为我就是那么的善良(笑)

Question:在拍摄这部连续剧的时候有遇到过什么最大的困难?
CC : 我很怕冷的,很容易就着凉。不过,我的戏大多数都是這天才开拍的。

Question:是什么因素让你要当演员的?
CC :我想要尝试不同的生活。当一个演员,我可以在不同的电影或连续剧里体验完全不同的生活。可以体验不同的生活与性格真的是很奇妙的!

Question:你有没有后悔过当演员呢?
CC : 有,当然有。当了演员后,想要拥有私人的生活空间是很难的 -- 我不能随便的去公众场所。有时候看到一些负面的诽闻,我也会感到很疑惑。

Question : 相反的,当了演员后,你有什么开心的事?
CC : 当我的影迷对我说“你是我的精神支柱。”你也知道的,我演过的很多角色都是有很艰苦的生活的,不过她们都很努力的面对与解决这些难题,我认为这给予了大家很大的鼓励。这让我觉得很骄傲。

Question:如果现在你不是演员,你会当什么啊?
CC : 哈哈...如果我现在不是演员,估计我现在会是一名家庭主妇了(笑)。事实上,我想要学很多东西:我要学好我的英文,日文,还有其它的。无论何时,只要我有机会,我都会尽力的去做这些事情。

Question:你的理想男人是什么类型的?哪个男演员最接近你的理想型?
CC : 我喜欢有既有男人气概也有一颗热诚的心的男人。不过,最重要的是,他只可以爱我一个人!我对于那些把感情当游戏的男人没兴趣。不过我不可以公开那个接近我理想型的男演员的名字,要不然,肯定又会传诽闻了。

Question:你平时是怎么消磨时间的?
CC : 我很喜欢睡觉,我睡很多的。除此之外,我还会和我妈妈去戏院看戏或者和朋友们聚会聊天。我也很喜欢逛街购物。

Question:如果有来生,你还要当演员吗?
CC : 要!我觉得当演员是一份很奇妙的工作!很多人都对我说我的演技进步了,我希望未来我还可以有进步的空间。如果真的有来生,我希望我可以比现在更进步和当一名世界最好的演员。

kk

2004.05.12 15:03:45

Thank you, arielle. Jiwoo is such a lovely, sincere and charming lady. I like her answers in the interview.

bluewater

2004.05.12 15:26:29

Thank you! arielle for the translated interview, Jiwoo is the best among the best. I just finished watch STH, I become more and more admire her.

anna

2004.05.12 16:14:02

I think the actor she meant is LEE BYUNG HUN. I love to see when they are together, so lovely...

arielle_ng

2004.05.12 19:40:29

WOW , bluewater you are quick in watching STH ( within 3 days ?)
I know of fans of STH who watched it within 2 days! It is an excellent drama to captivate them.
Yes KK , JW is frank ( quote Andre Kim ) and non pretentious.
We simply love her sincere and gracious way !

Casper

2004.05.12 22:20:28

I watched STH within 3 hours. Fast forwarding from the beginning to the end, so much crying, shouting and quarelling, I do not like it at all! :( Winter Love Song is still the best. ^____^

Jennifer O

2004.05.13 00:31:59

Thanks Arielle for sharing the English version and Helenxmy for the Chinese's. Good answers from our charming lady Jiwoo. Agree with kk, Arielle & Alexmom.
In many fans' opinion, STH is deemed the best Korean drama. EXCELLENT is the word! Storyline is interesting, acting of the leads is superb!!!!!! Trés bien! Looking forward to hearing more good news on STH..... And bluewater, bet u r going to watch STH again? I'm almost into the 8th time...
Cheers to all & enjoy watching STH ~~~
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
2722 Moving from Freeboard (1) lillian 2010-07-09 4494
2721 [re] 關懷的心.想念的情 Jessica 2002-02-20 4458
2720 Moving from Freeboard (2) lillian 2010-07-09 4446
2719 [re] Choi Ji Woo. To Jade ! [1] Nguyen Ngoc Hien 2002-02-21 4430
2718 Memory of ... [10] biyo 2009-01-12 4425
2717 崔智友幕前終身大事網友忙速配 meicy 2002-02-22 4396
2716 HELLO~~~ I'm here again~ Jessie 2002-02-23 4384
2715 五聲俊相,五種表情 hawk 2002-02-27 4383
2714 Starlover's chocolates in Incheon Airport [3] kk 2009-06-11 4379
2713 From Japanese Magazine 2 [short translation] biyo 2009-04-09 4378
2712 《冬天&#24651;歌》&#32508;合症正在&#27178;&#25195;全&#22269;2002. 02. 21 starfish 2002-02-23 4373
2711 Thank you for participating in the party on 6th June [2] 코스(W.M) 2009-06-10 4349