Day 2
르와얄 거리의 새로운 디올 부티크. 포토그래퍼 조선희, 런던에서 온 메이크업 아티스트 홍현정, 스타일리스트 노광원의 호흡 덕분에 촬영은 순조롭게 시작되었다. 로케이션 밴에서 빠져나와 마들렌 광장 앞에 선 그녀는 “최지우 맞아?”라고 묻고 싶을 정도로 더 이상, 모범생 유진이나 정서의 모습이 아니었다. 그녀는 사랑하는 이를 위해서라면 언제든 열정을 불사르고, 세상의 모럴이나 관습 따위 코웃음치며 넘겨버릴 수 있는 세기말의 요부가 되어 있었던 것이다. 디올 숍에 들어서자, 홍보 담당인 크리스티안 할머니가 “트레비앙!!(최고)”을 연발했다. 174cm나 되는 큰 키의 동양 여배우가 디올의 퀼팅 코트를 완벽하게 소화해 냈기 때문이다. 촬영 의상이 ‘쇼 의상’이라 내심 걱정이 대단했던 이 프랑스 할머니는 최지우의 ‘옷거리’에 단단히 반한 듯하다. “지우씨, 배우로 데뷔하기 전에 모델 활동 했었어요?”
그녀는 모델로서도 완벽한 프로포션을 가지고 있었다. 하지만 그녀는 대답 대신 고개를 저어 보였다. “사실 지우의 무명 시절에는 큰 키가 오히려 콤플렉스였어요. 상대 남자 배우들과 키 맞추기 힘들다고 말이죠.” 그녀의 스타일리스트 노광원이 슬쩍 알려줬다. 톰 크루즈의 작은 키 때문에 하이힐을 신을 수 없었던 니콜 키드먼이 떠올랐다.
뫼리스 호텔(Meurice Hotel)에서 사진을 찍기로 한 것은 탁월한 선택이었다. 대리석으로 장식된 르네상스 풍의 이 호텔은 2차 대전 당시 독일군 총사령부로 쓰였던 곳으로, 포토그래퍼 조선희가 원하던 분위기를 연출할 수 있는 ‘천연의’ 세트였다. 호텔 바에서의 촬영에는 이제껏 앞치마를 두르고 일을 하던 나이 지긋한 가르송 조르쥬가 정장을 차려입고 엑스트라로 출연해주었다. 조선희가 셔터를 눌러댈 때마다 칵테일을 들고 나와 서빙하는 포즈를 취했던 그는 완벽한 엑스트라였다. 비록 그녀가 출연한 작품을 한 편도 본적 없지만, 그는 사춘기 소년처럼 수줍게 이 이국적인 여배우를 향해 사인을 요청했다.
촬영에 탄력이 붙자, 점심시간도 미룬 채 촬영이 속행된다. 이번엔 방돔(Vendome) 광장의 디올 주얼리 숍에서의 촬영. 그런데 문제가 생겼다. 그녀를 알아본 관광객들이 하나둘 몰려들기 시작했다. 이름까지도 또렷하게 ‘최. 지. 우’라고 발음하는 중국 관광객이 모여들어 덩달아 사진을 찍기 시작하는 것이 아닌가? 말로만 듣던 한류의 현장을 체험하는 순간이었다. 조선희의 순발력이 아니었다면 꾸역꾸역 모여드는 관광객들과 이를 구경하는 프랑스 사람들로 촬영은 불가능했을 것이다. 이런 현상은 역사적인 30번제 몽테뉴가, 디올 본사에서의 마지막 촬영에서도 계속됐다. 디올 쇼에 입장하던 모든 동양인들이 최지우를 알아보고 달려왔다. 사인과 사진 촬영을 저지하는 악역을 캐스팅 디렉터 박현정이 떠맡은 덕분에 무사히 촬영을 마칠 수 있었다. 물론 그때까지도  아시아 사람들이 그토록 열광하는 최지우의 매력을  100% 실감할 순 없었다. 다음날은 그녀와 그녀의 어머니, 스타일리스트와 함께 베르사유와 오르세 미술관을 보러 가기로 했다.

Day 2
Rue Royale street of new Dior boutique. By the harmony with photographer Jo Seonhee, makeup artist Hong Hyunjung who came from London and stylist No Kwangwon, the photographing started satisfactorily. She(Choi Jiwoo) who slipped out of the location van and stood in front of the Madeleine Square(plaza) figure wants to ask that "Is she really Choi Jiwoo?". She was not the figure of an exemplary student Yujin (in Winter Sonata) or Jungsuh (in Stairways to Heaven) anymore.
She(Choi Jiwoo) had become an enchantress of the end of the century who could burn with passion at anytime for those she loves and sniff at(turn up her nose at) world of morals and custom etc. As she stepped into the Dior shop, the old woman, Christian who is the marketing public relations charge fired "Tres bien!(Great!/Splendid!/Wonderful!)" at her in such rapid succession. Because this Asian actress of tall stature, 174cm was suitable for the quilting coat of Dior perfectly. Choi Jiwoo's dress looking fetched this France old woman completely who had real intention worries of the photographing clothes (since it were the 'show clothes'). "Ms. Jiwoo! Before you debut as an actress, did you engage in model activity?"
She(Choi Jiwoo) had the perfect proportion also as a model visible. However her head was horizontally shaken instead of the reply. Her stylist, No Kwangwon quietly told "To speak the truth, when Jiwoo was in the nameless times, her tall height was rather a complex. Because it was hard to match with partner man actors." It reminds me of Nicole Kidman who was not able to wear high-heeled shoes because of Tom Cruise's short height.
It was an excellent choice to take a photograph in Meurice Hotel. This hotel of the Renaissance style decorated by marble was the place used in the Second War as Germany General Headquarters. It was the 'unartificial' set where photographer Jo Seonhee wanted to direct a setting. In the hotel bar photographing, an elderly age garcon Zoruju who worked by covering an apron and carried out till now, dressed up in a suit and appeared on extra. Every time Jo Seonhee pressed the shutter, he brought the cocktail and made a serving pose. He was a perfect extra. Although he haven't seen any one of her dramas, feeling a little bit shy like an adolescent boy, he requested this foreigner actress(Choi Jiwoo) for a sign.
As the photographing seemed to feel energetic, they continued it leaving lunch break till later on. This time the photographing was in the Dior jewelry shop of Vendome Square(plaza). But a problem happened. The tourists who recognize her(Choi Jiwoo) began to gathered. The China tourists who pronounce 'Choi ㆍJiㆍWoo' clearly gathered (followed suit) and began to take a photograph of her(Choi Jiwoo). It was the moment of experiencing (of) Korean Wave which was being heard. If it was not the Jo Seonhee's ability to react instantly, the photographing might have been stopped or (will) be impossible because of the crowding tourists and watching France people. This happening kept continued in the historical 30th Montaigne Avenue and also in Dior head office where we took the last photographing. All the asians(orientals) who were entering the Dior show recognize Choi Jiwoo and came running(rushing) to her (for sign and photographing).
Because of casting the part of the villain director Park Hyunjung who hindered the signing and photographing, we were able to finish the photographing safely.
To be sure, by that time I still couldn't realize 100% of Choi Jiwoo's charm(attractiveness) why Asia people are so enthusiastic over Choi Jiwoo. The next day, we decided to go to see the Versailles and Orsay Museum with Choi Jiwoo, her mother and stylist together.

P.S- There might be some errors of Paris place name. Hope there's no misunderstanding. Personally, I like the part of 3&5 article.*^∇^* Do all of you still want me to continue the translating? ^^'
By the way, Jennifer! I got your e-mail. Thank you so~~~~~~~~much!
I was moved deeply by your e-mail.^^ Thanks again & hope today Singapore Jiwoo Fans Club has a cheerful meeting. Have a nice day!

댓글 '9'

yuo

2004.10.30 23:59:38

flora

Many Thanks for your translation & let me know Jiwoo more

luna

2004.10.31 00:54:25

thank you very, very much again Flora.

alexmom

2004.10.31 03:24:51

Thanks Flora again,
Of course we want to see the rest. since we want to know how the
writer finally realizes 100% of Choi Jiwoo's charm...

momo

2004.10.31 05:44:54

Dear Flora, thank you so much for the long translation. JW is beautiful not only the appearance, the most important one is her inside, truly like an agel. That's precious. ^O^

f18

2004.10.31 10:12:48

Thank you so much flora - it is just fantastic and I have pinched it and shared it with all JW's fans around - I hope you dont mind.
On behalf of them, thank you again.

Jenny

2004.10.31 12:52:48

Thank you very much Flora for the translation, please continue as we want to know more!

xuexi

2004.10.31 14:53:50

Thank you, flora for the sharing and the translation. Please continue ... like all of her ardent fans, I want to know more, echoing alexmom's comment - how the writer finally got "hit" by 100% of Jiwoo's charms!!!

Cheers ~~~~

starstruck

2004.10.31 15:37:22

love ur translations! plz continue if possible with all news of jw! thanks u very much!she's looking better and better these days!

kk

2004.11.02 02:28:49

Dear Flora,
Thank you for your translations. Glad to know more about our lovely princess in Paris.
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
2830 translation:Which scene do you think that is the moment minheng began to have full assurance of the love to youzhen? [3] yjh499 2003-06-15 3192
2829 News of Jiwoo (Translated from Hyunju) [17] Hannah 2003-04-22 3192
2828 Hi! Happy Chinese New Year [2] sandy 2003-01-31 3192
2827 New look.....Hyun Ju [6] ^-^ 2003-01-22 3192
2826 [re] Does anyone have the picture of CJW during the golden horse awards? [1] sandy 2003-01-07 3192
2825 To BYJ and CJW Fans [1] hana 2002-12-25 3192
2824 Unforgettable WS [1] Jennifer Ong 2002-12-14 3192
2823 [re] teach/tell me.... [2] melaneleong 2002-12-15 3192
2822 BD Party Loretta 2002-06-10 3192
2821 [re] BYJ-CJW CF-questions? starfish 2002-05-14 3192
2820 Jake~ Jessie 2002-05-07 3192
2819 [re] the board of BYJ?? starfish 2002-04-23 3192