"Star's Lover" which compete with new rival dramas, can it get a chance that recover the audience ratings?

A drama "Star's Lover" of SBS which broadcast on Wednesday and Thursday (scenario:O Su Yeon, direction:Bu Seong Chul) become to compete with new rival dramas from 21th, so people are showing interest in the course of their audience ratings from now on.

"The Kingdom of The Winds" of KBS and "General Hospital 2" of MBC finished on same day in last week, and the following drama "Gyeong Suk, Gyeong Suk's father" and "Coming back Iljimae" will start to broadcast from this week. It's because "Star's Lover" watches for the chance of recovery in these situation.

"Gyeong Suk, Gyeong Suk's father" is not regular mini series, is the so-called "connection", it was a drama in four parts which were made alternative format .
This work is based on the original which was popular with the play, but relatively, would put it at a disadvantage for casting and scale. Then, if comparing the dramas in four parts which has been broadcast to now with it, the majority think that it's difficult to get audience ratings like "The Kingdom of The Winds".

In "Coming back Iljimae" case, the original is a popular comic of Ko Woo Yung, Director Hwang In Roi undertook the direction, and enhance people's expectation, but "Iljimae" of SBS was broadcast last year. It's a highly probable factor take a negative turn. The objective estimation to the leading actors is still unknown quantity, too.

In these situation, recently, "Star's Lover" which the discovery of an event is going on speedily is moving audience for sad love story of the main character Chol Su (Yoo Ji Tae) and Ma Ri (Choi Ji Woo).

In the drama, the event which write a book for top star's Lee Ma Ri was brought to light by mass communications and the scandal ran over and it's all up, so they lost everything. Ma Ri's popularity declined so sharply, Chol Su was expelled from work. People show interest in whether the two which lost everything in the drama can get the audience ratings instead.

The staff of "Star's Lover" regret that it can't get an proper estimation because people have a bias as this is the obvious content. Therefore, the staff of "Star's Lover" think this week is the chance of audience ratings rise. "Star's Lover" were deprived of a prior effect because it started later than the rival dramas. In addition, the characteristic of melodrama was to the audience ratings' detriment.

However, recently, there are many comments as "I thought the drama is the stale content, so I didn't expect it, but surprisingly it's interesting" "I am taken with heartwarming Chol Su and lovable Ma Ri". The estimation of broadcasting party is a favorable reception on the basis of audience's rumor, therefore the staff expect that the audience increase speedly and the audience ratings make a upturn.

댓글 '12'

Bolt

2009.01.21 05:48:55

Thanks Webmaster. Good morning to you, and good night at my end. Am going to sleep early today, so that I can go to office by 6am tomorrow. Then, finished work at 3,00pm (10pm Seoul time), close my door, and start watching SL. Good night.

wrblee

2009.01.21 21:49:24

I hope Ep.13 can turn people to click remote to see SL ^^ WE have to wait and see...but SL fighting!!

Alex

2009.01.21 22:48:00

Thanks , W.M. for your update.When the situation gets competitive, that's is how the quality of production will improve.I have no doubt in the quality of Star's Lovers, ratings is a mere figure, what is important is how the drama can draw audience.SL had definitely exhibited its values and support from overseas fans.
If you would include overseas rating, I guess none could have beat SL !
I wish the whole production team keep up with the good work while I will stay till
the night waiting for the coming espiode 13. ^________^
All the best to my beloved Choi Ji Woo!

Bolt

2009.01.22 07:08:52

Haha...Alex, it seems that only guy will laugh like this ^__________^ Yeah! Good luck CJW!!

Ruthlene

2009.01.22 12:10:31

Star's Lover is the best drama of the year. Choi Ji Woo & Yoo Ji Tae's chemistry is clearly seen by the audience. They're sizzling. Their acting, superb, should win awards. I'll support Ji Woo all the way. Star's Lover fighting..... Ji Woo & Ji Tae fighting.....Love this couple.

Nordelm

2009.01.23 15:11:47

I trust Ji Woo's dedicated fans to continue watching Star's Lover in S. Korea.. I wish I live in S. Korea to see Star's Lover directly on television. I'm from the U.S.A., so I have to rely on the internet. I thank Vikii for uploading this wonderful drama. I love the chemistry between Choi Ji Woo & Yoo Ji Tae, two brilliant actors. I will support Star's Lover all the way.

erwinlux

2009.01.23 21:43:01

Having watched the first 12 episodes of Star's Lover I find that it is certainly a very good story -- I wonder to what extent it reflects at least some parts of Ji Woo's own experience as a star. I would certainly love it if Chol Su and Lee Mari could finally overcome all the problems and get together for good. As of episode 12 it looks like that would be very difficult -- but I think I am not the only one who would be very disappointed if it turns out that they cannot continue their relationship.

Erwin Franzen

2009.01.24 04:00:26

What I mean when I say I would be disappointed is that I very much want to see Choi Ji Woo happy. It's clear in the film that Chol Su/Yoo Ji Tae is the one she really loves, and I would just love to see a happy end with the two of them together. But I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series, whatever twists and turns it takes. I would never tire of watching Ji Woo, and Ihope many more people in the west can come to appreciate her. She is one of the great treasures of Korea.

Jennifer O

2009.01.26 13:29:30

Jiwoo is indeed one of the precious gems of Korea.
Good pairing with YJT! SL fighting!!
Happy Lunar New Year everyone~

Jenny

2009.02.02 21:26:22

I love this drama so much. CJW and YJT are really brilliant actors. I love them both and I think they have done an excellent job. I hope they will be together in the end. I wish there would be fewer scenes with CS's best friend (the stupid reporter), TS'sister and Mari's assistant (the young guy who is learning to be an actor). I thought those scenes were so boring, I often fast forward to scenes with Mari and Chul Soo.

All the best to CJW and YJT. Love them!

Ruthlene

2009.02.04 16:18:30

The ratings for episodes 15 & 16 went up. I'm glad, the audience finally realized how good this drama is. I hope Star's Lover will have a happy ending. I beg the script writer & PD to give us a happy ending by having Mari & Chulsoo get back together, get married & live happily ever after. Or else somebody said in the Star's Lover soompi the PD should be ready to receive tons of hate mail. PD & script writer, please read the messages in Celebrity Sweetheart/Star's Lover soompi.

Natalie Leung

2009.02.05 12:29:10

I hope I will be in Japan and watch starlover again!
I believe Japan fans would love the show.
Enjoy it~
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
2794 BlEsSiNgS To OuR dEaReSt JiWoo [11] Jennifer O 2009-02-21 4620
2793 Translation for Jiwoo’s interview(2/20/09) [3] fan 2009-02-21 4556
2792 happy ending "star lovers" [5] karen hui 2009-02-14 4993
2791 a fan from germany!!! karen hui 2009-02-11 3917
2790 hi mingalapar myat ko ko 2009-02-07 3910
2789 An information for foreigner fans [14] 코스(W.M) 2009-02-06 4855
2788 Thanks to ms Choi Jiwoo from LA [2] rachel 2009-02-04 3670
2787 Information to foreigner fans^^ [7] 코스(W.M) 2009-02-02 4518
2786 where can foreigner fans see star's lover from? [5] 이인규 2009-01-28 4127
2785 "Star's Lover", will broadcast in Japan from April. [10] 코스(W.M) 2009-01-21 5647
» "Star's Lover" which compete with new rival dramas, can it get a chance that recover the audience ratings? [12] 코스(W.M) 2009-01-21 4480
2783 Memory of ... [10] biyo 2009-01-12 4409