Hello, StarJiWoo fans and members.

StarJiwoo has recently requested a written interview with Miss JiWoo...
and she gladly agreed to answer the questions we've sent.
Her answers finally arrived today...and we give thanks to Miss JiWoo again for her cooperation.
Members were thirsting for direct infos from Miss JiWoo for some time...
and thanks to this interview, maybe we can help you know Miss JiWoo a bit better...
Anyway, let's meet her up-close and personal now.

[ 2001.9.2 StarJiWoo's exclusive written interview with Miss JiWoo ]

1. How would you summarize what "Beautiful Days" meant for you?

Compared to other drama-series, there were much more scenes, and this(Beautiful Days) was a production that made me 'think' about 'acting'.  Most importantly, it was a work that enabled me to deeply get into the role of my character.  Although there were many difficult aspects(to this work), since 6 months of continous filming was new to me, I was really happy while filming.  And I am even more happy that even after the drama has ended, people are still showing much love for it(Beautiful Days).  Although it's something that always comes up when a piece of work is over, I am left with much regret; with the thought that I could have done much better... and I honestly want to tell all the fans who are still giving much love(for Beautiful Days) that I thank them.

2. Even 'til now, fans of 'Beautifu Days' are watching replays of the drama-series.  By any chance, have you ever watched it again after the broadcast?  Which was your most memorable and saddest scene?

I have 'Beautiful Days" recorded on videotape at home....  When time passes, I'll probably watch it again.
The most memorable scene was the one crying in tears alongside YuJin at home, after meeting JungHyun....  It was filmed for about 6 hours.
Later, I ended up at a point of total exhaustion, but because of the emotional charge, I was able to cry with all my strength.
I give thanks to the director for emphasizing the scenes that caused much heartaches....  The saddest scene was the one where YuhnSu(JiWoo) shouts to MinChul in her heart, "What am I going to do...  I want to live...  Save me...."  It was so sad that I cried without knowing it....  That was a voice-over, but it hurt so much that even while recording I cried.

3. After 'Beautiful Days', we think that the average age of your fanbase has risen.  How do you feel about those fans who are older than you, such as fans who are housewives?

I am just thankful for the diverse fans who love me, consisting of both younger and old....
I don't want to separate the fans by their agegroup... I just want to live gratefully....
I believe that it's probably because of the ones who love me that ChoiJiWoo exists....

4. Recently, what are the things that makes JiWoo most happy?  And what are the things that makes you worry?

I am happy because of the many people who still loves and hasn't forgotten 'Beautiful Days', and for gaining more persons who support me...and I am joyful for the new sites on the Internet....
I give thanks to all the people involved on the sites and I ask for forgiveness for the lack of participation due to being computer-iliterate...
I only hope that my efforts can be viewed positively....  There are no major problems to overcome, yet.  I just want to get closer to my fans by giving better performance by choosing the next work well.

5. Have you recently traveled?  Where and with whom?  How was your trip?

I did not take any foreign trips in particular...  There were many short ones for work...
I think the trip to Pusan with my family was all...
I went to Taiwan to promote "Beautiful Days"...But, as said, it was strictly for promotion and no play...  After promoting energetically for the entire day, I came back...  They(Taiwan) showed much love for me and I really give thanks to them....

6. When acting, do you believe that the acting ability of the person you act with affects your acting?  If so, how much?  And when does this help?

I think it contributes a lot...  Because I still lack a great deal, I am just thankful for the other actors who lead me with their acting...  I think when the other is a better actor, concentrating my emotions become easier...  The lucky thing is that most actors whom I worked with were great actors, and so I give much thanks to them...

7. What kind of standard have you set when reading monitored comments about your acting?  Especially when negative remarks are made?

Words from people around me are a lot of help...  I am reading deeper into suggestions...  When I hear people say that my acting has improved, it unknowingly strengthens me...and I become shy...  Because I feel that I lack a lot, I just say to myself that I must work harder when I read those comments...rethinking...

8. When time comes, what kind of actress would you like to be remembered as?  What kind of actress would you like to become?

I said this before long time ago...  I think all actors think this way:  an actor long remembered...  As for musicians, The Beetles, for example...  Not all have seen or heard them in person, but their music and their name is remembered by everyone around the world.  When you say Marilyn Monroe, she is remembered as the sex icon...
I want to be remembered as the hard working Choi JiWoo...
To make that come true, I think I have to put much more effort into acting...

9. As you got older, I'm sure your ideal man has changed.  What is the difference between your ideal man from when you were younger and now?

I want to meet a man who loves me a lot...  When I was younger, appearance over weighed everything else...  Of course it would be nice if he also looks good...but...I think married people can agree to what I have to say...  (JiWoo was never married.  She is trying to say that most married people tell her that what counts the most is personality.)
I want to meet someone I can deeply love, and someone who loves me greatly and cares for me...

10. If you had a quarrel with your love, how would you resolve it?

I think being charming and cute will work...  I think a woman's greatest weapon is charm and tears^^

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
13 "Winter Love Song" homepage records 10,000,000+ hits... ChanHee 2002-02-07 15665
12 [Sports JoSun] KBS-2TV 'Winter Love Song' Internet Smash Hit ChanHee 2002-02-07 16601
11 No more tears. Meeting Choi JiWoo again as the girl with a pretty smile ChanHee 2002-02-07 17536
10 What people think of 'Winter Love Song' and Choi JiWoo (not an article) [3] ChanHee 2002-02-07 17321
9 [SportsSeoul] Choi JiWoo 'Winter Love Song' Love Triangle ChanHee 2002-02-07 18175
8 K-2TV Winter Love Song "It's just the beginning..." ChanHee 2002-02-07 18584
7 [TodaySite] Skin-Shed Beauty Trio Fight for Viewers ChanHee 2002-02-07 17353
6 Mon/Tues PM10 'War Without Guns' (Winter Love Song part) [1] ChanHee 2002-02-07 17476
» This is an interview of Miss JiWoo by StarJiWoo, translated in English for foreign fans... ChanHee 2002-02-07 18529
4 Choi JiWoo transforms her acting style in 'Winter Love Song' ChanHee 2002-02-07 17527
3 Choi ji woo's schedule ? STARJIWOO 2002-02-07 17922
2 Choi ji woo that popularity is on the increase in China cultural area STARJIWOO 2002-02-07 17970