[Choi JiWoo transforms her acting style in 'Winter Love Song']

"Detached from the fragile and whimpering roles, I want to portray a lively character that more closely relates to my true self.”  Choi JiWoo, known for her fragile and innocent roles, transforms into a high-spirited girl.

In the KBS drama-series 'Winter Love Song'(director: Yun SukHo), which will air next year on Jan. 17, Choi JiWoo will greet the audience by starring as a woman who has experienced destiny-like first love, with Bae YongJun as co-star.

She has co-starred with Bae YongJun before, in the drama-series 'First Love', which made her name known.

'Winter Love Song’ is a story of one high school couple bounded by a destiny-like first love.
YuJin(Choi JiWoo) buries her first love in her heart following his death.  10 years pass, and just before her wedding ceremony, she meets MinHyung(Bae YongJun) who looks identical to her dead first love.  The story picks up from there on.

In real life, Choi JiWoo experienced her first love in College.

She says because she does not linger on past love, she would be calm if she sees her first love again.

But, because she thinks eternal love can be possible, once she meets someone she can devote her entire self to, she is able to get into YuJin’s role.

“I know well, to this day, that my performance lacks skill; to a point of being afraid of reruns.”  But because her goal is to present solid performances that the audience can relate to, she puts in tremendous effort.

“When I hear that I have improved over my last work, I feel proud of acting.  Should I say it’s like a feeling of my acting slowly maturing?”  Wanting to be able to digest different types of characters, she is eager for filming that transforms her into the spirited YuJin.

Before, she enjoyed the breaks that she got from production delays, but now she can’t sit still because she’s so anxious.  When asked what she does with the spare time, she said, “I like to stay up late at home listening to music and watching video,” and described herself as a homebody.

“Through this drama-series, I want to become an actor who can give trust to the audience.”  At the age of 27, she newly searches for her own color.  We look forward to see the canvas named Choi JiWoo to be colored with the name “Choi JiWoo, the Greatest Performer”.

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜sort 조회 수
13 "Winter Love Song" homepage records 10,000,000+ hits... ChanHee 2002-02-07 15665
12 [Sports JoSun] KBS-2TV 'Winter Love Song' Internet Smash Hit ChanHee 2002-02-07 16601
11 No more tears. Meeting Choi JiWoo again as the girl with a pretty smile ChanHee 2002-02-07 17536
10 What people think of 'Winter Love Song' and Choi JiWoo (not an article) [3] ChanHee 2002-02-07 17321
9 [SportsSeoul] Choi JiWoo 'Winter Love Song' Love Triangle ChanHee 2002-02-07 18174
8 K-2TV Winter Love Song "It's just the beginning..." ChanHee 2002-02-07 18584
7 [TodaySite] Skin-Shed Beauty Trio Fight for Viewers ChanHee 2002-02-07 17353
6 Mon/Tues PM10 'War Without Guns' (Winter Love Song part) [1] ChanHee 2002-02-07 17476
5 This is an interview of Miss JiWoo by StarJiWoo, translated in English for foreign fans... ChanHee 2002-02-07 18529
» Choi JiWoo transforms her acting style in 'Winter Love Song' ChanHee 2002-02-07 17526
3 Choi ji woo's schedule ? STARJIWOO 2002-02-07 17922
2 Choi ji woo that popularity is on the increase in China cultural area STARJIWOO 2002-02-07 17970