Hi, just want to clear some questions..^^

조회 수 3151 2004.08.18 05:17:17
Hello~
It's been a very long while...
How are you?

I visit Starjiwoo at least once every two days.... So, yes, i'm still around... just not when you need me... wait, that doesn't sound right... -_-; I'm sorry~

I didn't have time to translate the show program starring Ji-Woo, which was quite funny, but I'll give you a brief on the recent rumour about Jiwoo...^^

Korean show programs do a lot of character plays...
For the SBS show program, (loosely translated) Feeling Brave at Night Time, there are three popular comedians with their unique characteristics... Two of the three are the hosts of the show. The first host is the tall, smiley comedian, known for calling 911 instead of fighting for justice, or his girl. He's the courteous and rational type. The other host (Kang Hodong) is the former Sirrum(traditional Korean wrestling) champion turned comedian. He's known for loving red meat and threatening people with his strength and brute force. The other popular comedian in glasses is the perminent panel of this show (Kim Jaedong). He is known for his wit, sensibility and way with words. He is also known for being a die-hard fan of Song Yunha.

To get to the point:
Yes, Jiwoo did say that she has a boyfriend. But having finished the show, I realized some of the editing wasn't smooth (these type of show programs are filmed for more than 5 hours sometimes. They trim it down by editing-in only the good parts).
So It seemed obvious that something was missing and there was an inside joke somewhere in the conversation. However,after the show aired, some Starjiwoo members started asking questions, both foreign and native, whether Jiwoo really has a boyfriend. Webmaster Hyunju couldn't say anything final, saying Jiwoo probably was joking to make the show more entertaining. But like the Korean sports news also noted, the way Jiwoo spoke of her boyfriend didn't sound so clear. It became ambiguous to some viewers.

Few days after the broadcast of the show, Jiwoo's manager 'Dragon' posted a message to clear some questions (post 21432 on freeboard).
He said it was just a remark to create some laughter. Jiwoo doesn't have a boyfriend, yet. He said he'll tell us if she does. ^^

Well, this was what was on the broadcast:

Kang Hodong asks Jiwoo whether she has a boyfriend.
Jiwoo answers yes.
Then we suddenly see Jiwoo hitting Kim Jaedong.
Kim Jaedong says (as if he's dating Jiwoo), "It's not time yet. We'll publicly announce it later."
Everyone laughs.
Then Kim Jaedong adds, "I need to explain this to Song Yunha first. Then we can announce it."
Everyone laughs again.

What really happened was this:
When Jiwoo met Kim Jaedong for the first time (outside showbiz), Jiwoo jokingly asked whether she or Song Yunha was prettier, knowing Kim was a fan of Song. Kim answered that Jiwoo was also pretty, but that in his eyes, Song Yunha was prettier. Jiwoo played a little joke by saying that Song Yunha was her friend (as in Jiwoo is the same age as Yunha). So Kim, being younger than Song Yunha, started addressing Jiwoo formally,
since he thought Jiwoo was older than him.
Few months later, Jiwoo reveals that she was actually a year younger than Kim Jaedong on this very show.

So, Kang Hodong and Kim Jaedong came up with a plan to create a funny situation, with the help of Jiwoo.
Kang Hodong was supposed to ask Jiwoo if she had a boyfriend.
Jiwoo was supposed to say, "Yes, I do."
Kang Hodong was supposed to ask, "Who is this boyfriend?"
Then Jiwoo was supposed to answer, "It's Kim Jaedong."
But Kang forgot to ask who her boyfriend was.
So, when he didn't ask this question to continue the Joke, Jiwoo found herself in a tight spot (because some could believe she really has a boyfriend). That's why we saw Jiwoo hitting Kim Jaedong, since him and Kang started the joke but they messed it up.
Then we see the rest of the planned out dialogues for this part of the show.

Walla~!! ^^
I hope this makes things a bit more clearer... whew~

PS: I'm loving Jiwoo's new sexy-fashion... ^_^
what's a young full-blooded male to do??!!! -_-;;;

댓글 '14'

noor

2004.08.18 09:49:25

thanks jake for getting me the clear picture now. but how i hope that jiwoo will soon find herself a boyfriend that will love and cherish her

kk

2004.08.18 11:18:11

Thanks jake for the information. I agree with noor and hope jiwoo will get someone who loves her soon..

alexmom

2004.08.18 11:29:20

Whew, Jake! Really appreciate this long writing..
I think Casper cannot agree more with you last comment

코스

2004.08.18 12:22:47

와~~우!! 찬희야...오랜만이당!!!
그동안 안보여서...조금은 섭섭하구...소식이 궁금했는데..
많이 바쁜 시간들을 보내고 있었구나...ㅎㅎ
야심만만!!!! 좀 처럼 그런 프로에 나오지 않던 지우씨잖어..
우리 모두 그녀의 사랑스런 모습에 넋이 나갔었단다..
누군가를 사랑하면 궁금한게 많아지잖어..해외팬들과..한국의 모든 팬들도.
강호동씨의 질문과 지우씨의 대답에 당연!!! 귀가 "쫑긋" 했었지만....
그 분위기로는 분명 방송용 멘트라는 걸 느낄수가 있었지요.
궁금해하는 해외팬들을 위해서 바쁜 시간에도 불구하고
궁금증을 풀어주는 긴~글 고마워....~.^
그리고...여자인...나도...지우씨의 새로운 유행 패션이...너무 좋아!!! ㅎㅎㅎㅎ
그럼...건강하게 잘지내구..하는 일 모두모두 좋은 결과를 얻길 바래....
찬희야~~ 아주아주 많이 행복해라~~!!

Jake (찬희)

2004.08.18 13:45:18

오랜만이에요~!! 정말 반가운거 맞죠? ^^
사실은 저히 아버지께서 태원 하시고 몄주 지나 어머니께서도 수술을 받으셔서...
아직도 회복 중이세요...^^ 그런데 모든게 다 스타지우 팬분들이 기도해 주셔서 결과도 그렇게 회복도 빠르세요... 정말 고마워요!! 맨날 스타지우에 들리면서도 글도 자주 남기지 못하고... 죄송해요... 이젠 부모님들 모두 건강해 지시고 있고 좀 더 안정된 기분이에요... 이젠 좀 더 자주 들릴께요..^^ 누님 방가워요~!!

Jake (찬희)

2004.08.18 13:48:40

hi, KK~ hi, alexmom~!! Hi, noor~
i'm sorry i never posted anything recently despite coming here almost everyday.. -_-; thanks for remembering me and always supporting our princess Jiwoo~!! i mean, our sexy Jiwoo~~ >_<

Rosalind Cinderalla

2004.08.18 14:14:12

Hi Jake, I'm so glad to hear from you again and bring us closely to Jiwoo news. Takecare *^-^*

Xuexi

2004.08.18 15:18:01

Whaaa! At long last, the clarification of JW's mysterious boyfriend! Thank you, Jake for clearing the air. Please do update us with any news of Jiwoo. We appreciate you.

Saw the clip on Jiwoo's attending SBS event in Lotte world. So the "heaven" painting is there, and the display of SJ&JS album at the site. She looked so refreshing and charming and was skating very well in the ice rink ..........

Shalom to all ~~~~~~~ ^_^**

Jenny

2004.08.18 22:12:06

Hi jake, glad to hear from you! Thanks for clarifying! So our beloved Princess is not seeing someone yet thus devoting more time on her career. In another way it is actually good news to us.... Cheers...

JJ

2004.08.18 23:20:09

Ahaa...I got to 'meet' Jake at last! How are you? I've been reading previous posts & realise that you, Jake, played an active role back then & was wondering what happen to you for not posting anything now.
Million thanks for the updating . Really, really appreciate any English news of JW. So...she's still single huh? Hmm...guess we just have
to wait for Prince Charming to appear.(My dreams are dashed)hehe..
Oh & Jake, since you're here now, hope that you won't go M I A
again. hehe...'see' you around!

momo

2004.08.19 10:43:37

Thank you very much for the translation Jake. Same wish as kk's. ^O^

Jennifer O

2004.08.20 01:30:03

Hi Jake,
Nice to hear from you again. Thanks for said translation. Me too, same wish as kk and momo.....will not fail to support our dearest jiwoo!

Tan Li Li

2004.08.20 02:21:19

Dear Jake,
Thanks for posting this to clear our doubts! Hope that this will not cause any trouble to our beloved Princess!

Meg

2004.08.20 08:35:55

Thanks Jake for clarification. Oh...me too, can't agree more with your last comment! *wink*
List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수sort
46 [&#36716;帖]王子和公主的FLASH   [1] liz 2004-09-17 3155
45 Comment after RONDO #1 from 2 stars [3] biyo 2006-01-16 3155
44 Cooking show 2000.4 [vod] [2] biyo 2006-04-04 3155
43 Is there any Canadian fans out there? Especially Toronto fans? ^^ 지우히메 2006-04-17 3155
42 Byung Hun & Jiwoo liz 2004-10-13 3154
41 a new member here!! [9] Melody 2003-05-27 3153
40 JS DIARY [3] thepen 2004-06-16 3153
39 Jiwoo's latest news of her schedule and new drama!!!&gt;ㅁ&lt;* [15] Flora 2004-10-03 3153
38 李炳憲、崔智友…極機密的前往日本! liz 2004-10-26 3153
37 Our darling princess is going up to No.11 soon @ FunVotes! [5] Jennifer O 2003-05-31 3152
36 What are the result at Baek-Sang Award? Jennie 2004-03-26 3152
35 Thoughts about "Everyone Has a Secret" [33] freshdough 2004-06-06 3152