delinnia

2007.06.29 15:29

Thank you webmaster for the translation of Ms JiWoo's interview. It is a rare chance to read direct translation from official board webmaster. I have not watched Air City yet because I want to watch it properly when it aired from our local TV station. Regarding the change of temperature of ratings that I read from your website, it should not purely be based on one person's performance. Making drama is a collective effort, team work that followed the script and the director. IMO, why do the script writer and the director have to depend on the audience desire and follow all the time? Whether the genre is periodical, action thriller, melodrama or comedy, the weightage of the theme depends on the script writer and the director . These 2 people should have believe in themselves and keep stick to their own ideas, rather than chasing after who is talking about what on casts from every corner. It could fill up more encourage on the performance of the cast and would have won more audience. Ms Ji Woo comment is right. Not just she alone, Korean actors are for Koreans first. They work hard for the sake of Korean audience. If fellow Koreans do not support their own fellow Koreans who would be? Japan and other Asian countries are just a market to sell your own products. WLS happened to be the right drama at the right time with the right cast. Luck strikes everybody who had involved at that particular time. Same thing won't happen immediately after the huge first success. It's a natural phenomenon that we all have to wait to get another strike of luck. The artists need to be popular so that their films will get a better deal outside Korea and it is a big economy boost to improve citizen's income. Actors shine and outshine as years go by. The audience force is permanent. I think your fellow countrymen need to change their view of too much comparison with non Korean dramas and films that had influenced their mindset in daily life to accept their own multiple choice of home genre.
Thanks again! Have a nice day.