INSTYLE MAG INTERVIEW - TRANSLATION ENG

조회 수 4879 2015.04.23 01:46:02
BLU

For all who's wondering about the interview... a little contribution...hope you guys enjoy it!

Instyle Mag Interview

In the beginning:

The studio is warmth and inviting as the spring sunlight touches the room. The actress Choi Ji woo looks especially radiant this day for today's photoshoot. She has slim figure and attractive long legs.

"This angle looks better" A graceful smile lightens up her angelic face, no wonder she has garnered the nickname "Goddess"!

In between idle time between shots, her meticulous character shown as she carefully peruse over the photos taken.

Recently, Choi Ji Woo has become the hot topic discussed among the netizens, her name appeared in most top search engines, due to her weekly appearance with Lee Seo Jin in the series Grandpa over Flowers in Greece. From arranging accomodations to appearing without make up, wearing jeans and canvass shoes running around, to her open affectionate arm hugging with the halbaes, she has gained even more positive reactions than from her appearance in Temptation.

After her appearance in GOF wearing jacket and sport shoes, she has dropped her 'goddess' image as she appears in the photo shoot.

As she sat on the sofa slowly perusing over the photos, she took a sip of water and secretly smiled after finishing her perusal, saying:

"Really hungry now, but no matter what no meals today... only can drink more water.." her expression like in GOP and 3 meals a day.

The interview

Q: Why did you participate in GOP?
C: I got to know PD Na in 2D1N (actually I'm older than him^^) so I participated in 3MAD. Remember the time we were playing Go cards? I've casually mentioned about joining GOF and to my surprise, he contacted me after...without considering too much, I agreed. My manager was more worried ^^ asking if it's really alright to join?! As oppa is going too, I didn't worry too much ^^

Q: What's your first consideration when participating in Variety show/drama?
C: To do what is most important. The burden and sterotyping of a piece of work can be of the most headache issue. In my opinion, actors cannot always choose work that is most suitable for themselves. All I can do is concentrating on delivering my best and open myself to others' opinions. As the timing to join GOF is just right, I gathered my courage and decides to participate!

Q: Even to drop the mysterious image of a 'Goddess' ?
C: Since my debut till now, a lot of viewers have already seen the mysterious look of mine..I think it's enought. Since GOF a lot have said that I'm very bubbly and open, which is the actual me! I'm actually was a little surprised to find that to others, I seem to be picky and is some one who would not do anything if I'm alone..
Even the teachers in GOF was surprised to find that I'm actually not like that... so in the show I just let myself be..myself! ^^

Q: In the TV you are always arm in arms with the halbaes..
C: I've always like to link arms with my friends and parents. As I've always travelled with my parents I find it no problems at all travelling with the teachers. Now I'm still young so it's not an issue...it might be more difficult if I am old...

Q: How do you find the porter Lee Seo Jin in GOF?
C: He's real good. Although he always gumbles but he always completes his tasks. One look from the Teachers and he is able to know what they want and do it. It's really surprising!

Q: What's the most memorable in this trip?
C: It's Greece's (sorry folks, I don't know the name in English) ... It's 4-5hours away from the city. Actually, it's not easy for me when travelling to such a far place but the Teachers said it's beautiful and not to be missed.

Q: Do you travel frequently?
C: Yes, at least twice or thrice a year and mostly with parents.

Q: What's the difference in travelling and working?
C: Totally different! If it's only vacationing then all we need to do is just to enjoy it. But in working, I'm always thinking to completing the tasks first.
It's great! That I'm able to enjoy travelling this time and at the same time to earn money too! (^^ smile)
If it's a commercial or drama, there're at least 4-5 months of hardwork before we could leave it...but now, I'm fully enjoying myself in travelling!

Q: You've hosted a food programme with Designer Jung before and you've also made kimchi in 3MAD...are you good in cooking?
C: No. If there's a recipe I'll know rougly how to. When I was young, my grandma and mother really cooks very well and I'll try to follow them, making the ingredients...at home it's my mom who cooks. I'm in charge of eating.

Q: Your looks remains the same as before, pretty and pure...is it due to your character?
C: I'm very forgetful. Especially these days. I'm type A blood...tends to forget very easily if I'm hurt. If I encounter any unhappiness, at most a few hours, I'll be looking for food!

Q: Your work most of the time can be very stressful. How do you overcome it?
C: The stress is huge. I can only treat it as interesting and tries my best to overcome it as a challenge. Fortunately the work involved only requires a few hours to digest and then I could rest!
Drama has ratings...all we could do is to do our best according to the script irregardless of the ratings.
Actors are like flowers in the garden. Being harmonious and keeping the passion will complete the work smoothly. When the director says "till next time collaboration", I feel comforted and content as things completed as if it's my own. 

Q: What's your secret to not aging?
C: How could anyone not grow old? I've went through my twenties and envy those in twenties, but there's no time for regrets.
As the years add on, double effort is needed to maintain the body and skin condition. I can only try to maintain the original look.
How to take care?
Well, firstly we must not be lazy. Laziness is the problem. To let the skin breathe, most days I don't do make up. When my skin is dry, I'll use moisturizor to protect the dry and sensitive skin. A must is the facail mask at night which I always carries in my make up bag.

Q: Why do you feel you're better now than when you're 20?
C: I'm softer now. In my 20s due to the challenges, there're some hard corners in my heart. As time goes by, they are smoothen little by little, and now, they feel softer.

Q: As a 20 Years Old Choi Ji woo, what would you say?
C: To praise the lord. There're some regrets in that age. If possible, to enjoy life. At that time all I did was to forge ahead, in the end restraining myself, with no freedom. To be careful in every step; to not believe blindly to ones who speaks only good words..and not to hurt oneself by not differentiating between the good and bad. But to live each day with happiness in one's heart letting go the pains and hurts.

Q: It seems that it's more relaxing and happy now
C: Yes, because these are all in the past now.
I ask to be less selfish, to pray that my heart is more relaxed. I used to make a lot of compromises in the past so that I won't give up...Now, I decide to love myself more. So, now I gave myself more time and travels more often.

Q: How do you spend your time when you've no schedule?
C: My life in Seoul is actually pretty boring. But I would meet with my friends for coffee or movies. As my time is free, sometimes I would watch movies at home till morning.

Q: In 10 years time how would you like to see yourself?
C: 10 Years seems long but it can flies by very fast. If it's 10 years of me? I wish 10 years later I'm even better than now.

Dear Chingus, The above is my translation from the Chinese (translated by the writer from CJWFC)... pardon for the long script and if some sentences may not really expressed what's it's mean...

댓글 '3'

BB

2015.04.24 00:12:19

Thank you very much

jena

2015.04.24 16:57:27

BLU Thank you so much for the english translation of Jiwoo's Instyle Magazine's interview .

BLU

2015.04.24 23:09:23

No Sweat guys! I've enjoyed tremendously too from the translation! ^^

List of Articles
번호 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
32542 산토리니에서의 화보 [1] 지우팬 2015-04-30 3991
32541 '꽃보다할배' 신구·최지우·이서진 "산토리니 왔어요" 설정샷 file [2] 비비안리 2015-04-29 5898
32540 4월 해성보육원 작은사랑에 다녀왔습니당~ file [2] saya(staff) 2015-04-29 5197
32539 [LG U+] 제로클럽 시즌2 CF영상~ [7] 이경희(staff) 2015-04-28 95827
32538 제가 놓친건지 혹시 오늘 힐링캠프에 지우님 나오셨나요? [4] 2015-04-28 4925
32537 `꽃보다 할배` 시청률, 5주 연속 동시간대 1위…`인기 입증` [1] sharon7 2015-04-27 3914
32536 True love for the real Choi Ji Woo!! [3] kim 2015-04-26 4185